Brought to you by Lawrence Photo Store

KU Sports Extra — Taking Stock

Tom and Matt return to discuss the stretch run of the regular season for Kansas basketball, which includes a Saturday home game versus Texas. [If you have a question you would like answered on a future episode, leave it in the comments section below.]

Comments

Doug Cramer

What do you pros think about my first ever press conference ?

Gosh I was so nervous...you guys are relaxed and make it look easy.

I think this adversity will be good for KU. Sky is the limit for our post season. We should win these last 3 games.

7 years, 5 months ago

Joe Ross

Well done, Doug! If you were nervous it didn't show. You appeared at ease, knowledgeable, and very well spoken! Outstanding!

I agree with you...Matt and Tom do a great job. I guess if you're in their line of work, however, you better not be camera shy right?

As far as our postseason, I might humbly suggest that the limit for what we can achieve lies below the "sky": somewhere between the ground and wherever Kentucky happens to be (and a handful of other teams below them). I haven't seen all season where we've been able to employ all of our talent at one time. That's what it's going to take for Kansas to make a deep run and we just haven't shown any consistency as a team or among individual players. It's probably too late to hope that we can do that at this point. But here's *hoping*, anyway...

7 years, 5 months ago

Matt Tait

Agreed. Thought it looked great, Doug. Congrats on a job well done, both on camera and in your field!

7 years, 5 months ago

Doug Cramer

Thanks Guys Preciate that.

You might be right J-Ross. But got to wonder if Self has something up his sleeve for the post season that no one has seen yet.

Could be Lucas and Mickleson coming out and surprising everyone with some quality depth in the post.

7 years, 5 months ago

Joe Ross

I was on a panel with Sly James, mayor of KC a while back. I was pretty nervous about it because my gift is not public speaking. It turned out okay though. Even when I was teaching I had good days and bad. Something gets in my head about being observed and it's distracting to my train of thought. Writing is easier because you avoid all of that. Tell you what would be cool, though. A spot on Sports Extra with a fan panel. Hey, if Gary Bedore doesn't want on a few of us might find some face time a fun experience!

7 years, 5 months ago

Doug Cramer

Very nice J-Ross.

And yes I know what u mean by thought processes getting distracted up on stage.

7 years, 5 months ago

Michael Lorraine

I don't know jack about the mayor but Sly is one cool name. Right up there with Mario.

7 years, 5 months ago

Kent Wells

Most obnoxious guy in sports:

Gary Bedore!

Guys, that was hilarious. Well played!

How about a 3 minute cameo from Max! Talk about institutional knowledge. Gary had his chance!

Tom: do you like Neil Young - Transformer?

7 years, 5 months ago

Joe Ross

Polls released on March 2nd have Wichita State ranked ahead of Kansas. Given that a game against the Shockers fits the tough scheduling in recent years by the Jayhawks and that fan interest in the State would be very high, isn't it time to put WSU on the schedule?

7 years, 5 months ago