Matt, thanks for these articles. 99.89% of us are appreciative of your effort.
Posted 8 August 2022, 6:33 p.m.
Whether it is Martin or Coleman-Lands, the Jayhawks will need a “M Newman like” performance out of someone in order to make a run into the Final Four. Some player needs to step up - from outside the starting five.
Posted 10 March 2022, 2:20 a.m.
Good news though, K thru 12 schools have it in hand:
Let us rejoice, for teachers unions have once again rallied to protect the futures of vulnerable children by demanding months of remote learning ,let me blow you away with these Crain facts:
1) It prepares them for life as adult drones staring at screens for hours: Google Experts agree, the one thing children need more of is screen time.
2) It will definitely not lead to a mental health crisis and surging suicides like it did last time: Additionally, it is sure to stop the spread of covid-19, this time.
3) Face-to-face interaction sometimes leads to free thinking: We are well aware of the dangers caused by free thinking, aren’t we comrade Rodney?
4) Slight reduction in wedgies: Incessant bullying will be limited to older brothers.
5) It's easier for the teacher to hide a Bloody Mary in her can of Diet Coke: And the little brats will stop asking why she smells like booze.
6) Representatives from the teachers union stopped by with some very convincing points: A few points included lead pipes and shattered patellas.
7) It didn't work last time, and why change what didn't work?: This is the official motto of the U.S. Department of Education.
8) The perfect transition to homeschooling: Plus, it will usher in traditional family structure as women are forced to abandon the workforce.
9) Eases kids into eventually being plugged into the matrix: It’s inevitable, but at least the steak will taste nice and you’ll know Kung Fu.
10) Fewer Chicago kids will get shot on their way to school: Actually, this one makes sense
Posted 9 January 2022, 5:23 a.m.
Good for Keith. Also for the University Staff, to work with him on a very fulfilling achievement!
Posted 24 May 2021, 2:58 p.m.
I have to agree with Bryce here. Spot-on.
Posted 28 February 2021, 1:15 p.m.
Matt, just not sure the UCF analogy works in this instance. In that the football College Football Playoff was not canceled.
If it did apply, you would be saying that KU would not be part of the NCAA tournament.
Posted 13 March 2020, 12:48 p.m.
Shannon, you are so correct. Every post is an eye roll (or worse) - per Oscar Wilde . . .
Bret has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
Posted 6 March 2020, 9:36 a.m.
As to Huggins and the officials, I thought his comments in the video link above were pretty fair. 3 officials, each seeing the game (and fouls) a different way. Then depending on their positioning from one end of the court to the other, a foul inside is dependent on who is standing under the basket.
Don’t get me wrong, for as it was stated in the CBS report - KU was whistled 19 times to WVU 18 times. There was absolutely NO discrepancy between the two teams. Yet there was a huge discrepancy in ‘what is determined to be a foul’. And that sucks. It isn’t fair to either team and none of the players.
Solid win. Defense in 2nd half the difference. KU is a different team when Garrett is not on the floor. He is the intangible difference maker. Rock Chalk!!
Posted 5 January 2020, 12:41 p.m.
Looking back - I hung onto the Mangino years. 2008 was so much fun!!
Never felt that Gill could/would get it done, maybe because I didn’t like the way Perkins ran off Mangino. The Weis hiring was a disaster, he didn’t work at the job and was terrible. Is Charlie still being paid by ND and KU? I bought into the Beatty hiring based on false pretenses, “that a previous high school coach from Texas could bring success to KU” - like they did for Auburn and Baylor, nope.
With that said, I am very hopeful that Miles has the fire burning inside after a few consecutive loses and they are coming . . . ESPN3 has caught my attention with Miles to Go, nice series so far. They have put it in the correct light, “tough job, not going to happen overnight”
Posted 2 September 2019, 2:29 p.m.
Two things that come through in commitment of these 5 players - strong likelihood of staying in the program at least through their Junior year - - coach howard is routinely now referenced as a strong reason for choosing KU
Posted 17 July 2019, 10:20 a.m.