Brought to you by Lawrence Photo Store

4-star Class of 2022 big Zuby Ejiofor commits to KU basketball

Kansas University basketball recruiting

A high school big man in demand in Big 12 country and beyond, Texas prep Zuby Ejiofor committed to play his college basketball at the University of Kansas.

In recent weeks, Ejiofor, rated a four-star prospect in the Class of 2022 by Rivals, visited TCU, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas, as well as KU. But the 6-foot-8 big from Garland, Texas, announced on Thursday night he wants to play for the Jayhawks.

“I am looking forward to my new journey and the friends, family and many relationships that are yet to be discovered,” Ejiofor wrote in a Twitter post that revealed his choice. “Playing basketball has been a very humbling and rewarding experience. It is a blessing and an honor to be asked to become a part of the Jayhawks family at the University of Kansas.”

Currently ranked the No. 58 prospect in the nation in his recruiting class according to Rivals, Ejiofor also picked up offers from Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Houston, Seton Hall and Western Kentucky previously.

In an interview with Eric Bossi of 247 Sports on Thursday, Ejiofor said he liked “everything” about KU.

"They've made the NCAA Tournament for 31 years in a row and they are coached by one of the greatest in Bill Self,” Ejifor told Bossi. “I just wanted to make the commitment while I had the chance to experience what it is like to be a Jayhawk."

Per 247 Sports’ composite ratings, Ejiofor is ranked the 54th-best prospect overall in the 2022 recruiting class.

Ejiofor became the second player to join KU’s 2022 recruiting class. Previously KU head coach Bill Self and his staff picked up a commitment from four-star wing Gradey Dick.

by Zuby Ejiofor

Comments

Jonathan Allison

Congratulations Zuby! Welcome to the Kansas family can't wait to hear about all your success and see you in action

1 year, 2 months ago

Mallory Briggans

Welcome Zuby ....................Team Zuby online store no-brainer for your 1st endorsement

Yes thats an actual website.

1 year, 2 months ago

Ted Hume

...reminds me of Jamari Traylor- hope he develops into a solid and reliable rotation guy like JamTray. Welcome Zubs!

1 year, 2 months ago

Rodney Crain

ho hum - Bench player for a year or two. Not sure about how "in demand" beyond he was, that seams a little hyperbole to me. He can't shoot from 3, struggles guarding in space, lacks feel for the game, and needs to add functional strength (not my words). I think Coach will help with all of these, but it will take some time. Portal Candidate to leave KU after year 1 - 65% Maybe he can make some money while he is here. -- Zub its not Go KU, its RCJH KU.

1 year, 2 months ago

Dirk Medema

Sounds like Rodney found all the negatives to list. For someone to be #50-ish, and receive a scholarship offer from KU, they must have strengths as well. Any positive insights?

1 year, 2 months ago

Dirk Medema

From 24/7
Ejiofor is an athletic physical force to be reckoned with. He is strong, productive on the glass, talented, and increasingly versatile offensively from 20 feet and in. His versatility is in his offensive approach. He likes to post up or face up and attack to score through contact. Ejiofor has a college-ready body in which he relies on physicality to compensate against others who are taller and longer . - - - Is a blank canvas when looking at his offensive skillset. Once he learns how to be effective in the screen and roll game, his production should increase tremendously.

1 year, 2 months ago

Rodney Crain

Yes Dirk, sometimes even if it takes a little work, I like to research what someone is saying to make my own judgement on what to expect. Rather then just heap praise on someone just because they choose to come here to play. (see Mallory below). I did something very radical. I went on 247, just like you did. and looked what Bossi was saying about this player. Those are his words. Since the writer mentioned Bossi and the player did say there was improvement he needed to make. I posted the items left out of the information above is all. With a note that these were not my words. Dirk he is 86th, 9th in Texas alone btw. The player stated he wanted to only come to a school that could win a championship, Texas maybe and KU were the only two schools that could offer him that. Benton and the player mentioned the good things, I just posted the missing elements from Bossi. (the same person Benton spoke to) Took me 5 seconds to find the "rest of the story" so to speak. You saw them since you quoted from the same post I did. I have no idea why hearing the good and the bad about a player is so bad? Especially when the player says he has work to do.

1 year, 2 months ago

Mallory Briggans

The positive is a player that wants to be a jayhawk . A kid just grateful for the opportunity .
When a player announces his commitment i listen to his words
When they talk about the reason they chose Kansas was to get to the next level ,or they want to be the "man " lets me know its about them and not the team . With the changing landscape for recruiting its refreshing to get commits that really want the college experience

1 year, 2 months ago

Rodney Crain

Lots to unpack here... He wants to win a championship, of the schools that offer him only TX and KU can. He chose KU. He had at least 4 other schools he would have been grateful for the opportunity. About the "man", ever hear of Michael Jordan? See him play? The NBA teams that win have 2 or 3 of these "men". They are always looking for players who play like the "man". Not sure about you but I quietly wish UK did not have AD, their "man" when we played them in the Championship. We win that game np. Zuby wants the college "coaching" experience. G league, oversea's pros are not going to spend the time to develop a 6'8 player with no outside game. That he gets it is refreshing to me. He is on the bench, for 1-2 years learning. I do hope its less that can only help us.

1 year, 2 months ago

Steve Zimmerman

If he's willing to play low post, great. That's what he'll gain coming to KU, or 'develop', as some might refer to. I don't see much athleticism in him. Too slow. Hopefully he'll gain speed & footwork once he arrives.

1 year, 2 months ago