Brought to you by Lawrence Photo Store

Frankamp, U.S. U17 team defeat Czech Republic

Kaunas, Lithuania — Conner Frankamp, a Class of 2013 Kansas University basketball commitment out of Wichita North, contributed 11 points, three assists and four steals to the under-17 United States men’s national team in a 95-57 win over Czech Republic at the FIBA U17 World Championships Saturday.

During a pivotal 16-4 run by the United States in the first quarter, Frankamp scored four points. In the second quarter, the lead extended to 20, 41-21, following a Frankamp three-pointer. Frankamp was 5 of 7 from the field and 1 of 1 from three-point range.

The U.S. (2-0) faces Egypt today and France on Tuesday before closing preliminary play against China on Wednesday. The U.S. is the defending champion at the U17 Worlds, which run through July 8.

Comments

AsadZ

I can't wait see this kid in KU uniform and play in AFH,

10 years, 5 months ago

REHawk

Conner appears to be playing well within the team concept, regulating his amazing shooting skills, focusing on assists, steals, few turnovers. I think that Bill Self is bringing in a polished jewell in this recruit.

10 years, 5 months ago

Ron Prichard

I think I am as excited about CF as I have been about any recruit in a long time. I think he will be special.

10 years, 5 months ago

JayhawkStuckInMisery

I used to work out at the same gym as the kid when I lived in Wichita and while he's not impressive physically, the kid is lightning quick and his jumper is already better than everybody 's except maybe McLemore's. As soon as he matures physically and gets stronger, he's going to contribute a lot to KU the next few years.

10 years, 5 months ago

Alohahawk

Since you've moved (and are now "StuckInMisery"), how long ago was it when you worked out in the same gym as Frankamp? Just curious, since he was "lightning quick" then, and he's now older and is probably even quicker and has gained more BB savvy. Obviously, he has quick hands (and probably knows how to play the lanes like Chalmers did) if he has 4 steals in one game against international competition. Like the rest of us Jayhawk fans, I'm excited to see him in a Jayhawk uniform. I'd say he's already representing KU, be it indirectly.

10 years, 5 months ago

statesupporter

This kid is flat out special. For the first three games of this tournament, he leads his team in minutes, is 19 of 29 from the floor, 4 of 6 from three, has 9 assists to only 2 turnovers. He leads the team in steals with 9, and in scoring with 42 total points or 14 ppg.

10 years, 5 months ago

Alohahawk

If Frankamp leads in scoring per game (shooting 67% from 3 and nearly the same overall), he's playing alongside Jabari Parker, considered #1 in the 2013 class, and Jahlil Okafor, considered #2 in the 2014 class. Would be interesting if CF were to impress them enough to want to play alongside him in college (?) !!!

10 years, 5 months ago

imzcount

Only thing he needs is several more inches of growth and Pistol Pete's hair-do

10 years, 5 months ago

championhawks

Good thing for that "pivotal" 16-4 run in the first quarter. Without it the game may have been in question coming down the stretch.

On a more serious note, I am excited to see CF play. I haven't seen any clips or anything on him, but from the articles and what everyone has to say about him makes him sound like a player I will enjoy watching!

10 years, 5 months ago

Lance Hobson

Conner had a great game in the win against Egypt. The guy is for real. Like the Pistol Pete comparison.

On a seperate note, I just got done reading The Hunger Games and I'll just say that stories about women bad asses are getting a little tired. Also, it was supposed to be so "violent, etc" but it was too obvious that it was written by a woman who just couldn't quite get there. I'll stick to books about war by men who know about such things. Kind of like Erin Andrews getting so much publicity the past few years. Has she ever offered anything remotely valuable to a broadcast other than her foxy looks? Just sayin'.

10 years, 5 months ago